Norwegian SIDS and Stillbirth Society (Landsforeningen uventet barnedød - LUB) is a nationwide society for bereaved families who have lost a little child unexpectedly before or after birth.
The Society aims to prevent unexpected deaths in pregnancy and infancy, promote infant health and improve psychosocial health for bereaved families by:
- providing peer to peer support to bereaved families
- providing information on infant health, baby care and how to prevent sudden infant deaths to health professionals and the general public
- providing information about grief and grief reactions
- encouraging professionals to give adequate support and long term follow up after the loss of a child
- supporting and funding stillbirth and SIDS research, and research on bereavement strategies
Booklets from LUB in English:
Film with English subtitles:
Stille fødsel / Born still - a film to help parents prepare for stillbirth (This film is protected by a password - contact LUB on firstname.lastname@example.org / 22 54 52 00 to get the password)
LUB is involved internationally and is member of The International Society for the Study and Prevention of Perinatal and Infant Death (ISPID) and International Stillbirth Alliance (ISA).